Tuesday 29 November 2016

Mask Prototyping.



Having designed a mask to tie into the narrative of the Hoopoe character, I've begun to prototype and draft up patterns for this piece of prop costume. Going with the plague doctor design, I first plan to prototype until I get the right size, fit and shape that I'd like to achieve.
Firstly, I took my pattern and cut it out to size. I then used two pieces of A4 craft foam as a base material to experiment with, as it is sturdy enough to stand up and hold a shape but soft enough to mould, move and be able to stick into place.
I pinned the pattern to the craft foam so it wouldnt move around, and used it as a stencil. I then cut the pieces out, but had to experiment a little with the best method of sticking them together. This ended up being with pins to hold the pieces in place. then PVA glue left over night to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment