Sunday 4 December 2016

Mask Prototyping (6)


I've begin experimenting with the eyes and their shape. I'd possibly like to make then appear slightly more droopy and sullen; This could be done with the model/ actor wearing dark makeup underneath, but also perhaps changing the shape of the circles that surround the eye holes?
On the right of the mask, I've pinned (and now sewn) a simple circle around the eye hole. I trimmed this down from the size of the rings in the foam mask prototype, as previously they were far too wide.
My next steps will be to experiment with the eye shape a little more, then focus on weathering and wearing samples of the fabrics I'll be using. After that I can move onto the final mask! I would like to get all experiments and prototypes done by Wednesday, in time for the presentations on Friday.

As a side note, I'm not happy with the stitching down the center nose seam here; I want the sewing to look messy and un-uniform but this isn't the look I'm going for. It could be the white thread that's putting me off, but it's definitely something I'm going to change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment