Sunday 4 December 2016

Mask Prototyping (4)



Previously the foam prototype allowed me to see the construction, pattern and how the mask would hold itself together. Now I've seen this in 3D and have made some adjustments I can move onto the next prototype.
For this I'm using the kind of fabric that I'll make the final mask out of so I can see how well this material supports itself. I bought an old fake leather suitcase to strip down for this fabric; this gives me unique material that already slightly battered and was also a way of staying within my project budget! The fact that it's fake leather also means that it's much, much easier to work with than real leather would be; it's also softer so more comfortable for the wearer, cheaper and more readily available.
After stripping the suitcase of its panels, I began cutting out the mask pattern. The adjustments seen here are curved jaw/ cheek corner shapes instead of sharper ones, as I prefer this shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment